13 Dec Sleepy Time Apple Cider
By: Allyson Meyler of Reclaiming Yesterday
Sleep is vital to our health, but it’s one area that a lot of us overlook. When life gets busy and it seems like there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished, it’s easy to dip into the time we should be sleeping. But consistently sacrificing sleep to finish a long to-do list can really take a toll on our bodies.
That’s why it’s important to guard sleep time, and to make sure that the time we do reserve for bed is actually filled with deep, restful sleep.
This Sleepy Time Spiced Apple Cider is a great way to relax and unwind before bed, and the ingredients will naturally help you to drift off to sleep! The warm apple juice and spices feel cozy and comforting, and adding chamomile tea relaxes the body and calms a busy mind.
The real secret ingredient in the cider is Herb Pharm’s Relaxing Sleep formula. I love using herbal extracts because they’re a convenient way to benefit from the powerful medicinal properties naturally found in herbs. Just a dropper full of the liquid extract added to the cider promotes relaxation and helps you get a deep and restful night’s sleep.
Sleepy Time Apple Cider
– 2 cups Earth Fare Organic Apple Juice
– 1 cup water
– 2 bags Earth Fare Organic Chamomile Tea
– 1 cinnamon stick
– 8-10 whole cloves
– 2 dropper fulls Herb Pharm® Relaxing Sleep Herbal Extract
– Sliced apple to garnish (optional)
1. Add juice, water, cinnamon stick, and cloves to a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Remove pot from heat and add in two bags of chamomile tea. Allow to steep for 3-5 minutes and remove tea bags, squeezing the liquid from them. Add herbal extract and stir to combine.
3. Divide cider between two cups, straining the cinnamon stick and whole cloves. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon stick if desired.
Allyson Meyler cooks, photographs, and eats the recipes found on her blog Reclaiming Yesterday. After struggling with her own health issues—and becoming frustrated with the Western medical system—Allyson took it upon herself to search for healing. She found relief through diet and lifestyle changes, and became a strong believer in food as medicine. She now shares her recipes and experiences through her blog in hopes to inspire others to get into the kitchen and take control of their health—and to eat some delicious food along the way! Follow along on Instagram and Facebook.