06 Mar Make Your Own Natural Mosquito Repellent
Bugs are unwelcome guests at any warm weather adventure, whether it’s in your backyard or beyond. But protecting your family doesn’t have to come with exposure to the harmful ingredients in conventional insect repellent. There are great natural options which are completely DEET-free (the only kind we carry in our stores). But you can also make your own natural repellent using essential oils.
Feel free to tweak the oils below to suit your needs, for instance, lavender isn’t necessary but we think it’s a welcome scent. The only essential essential oils to include are citronella and lemongrass.
Essential Oil Mosquito Repellent
- 1 empty spray bottle (preferably glass or stainless steel)
- ½ cup witch hazel
- 5 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 5 drops Citronella Essential Oil
- 4 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 4 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Add all of the ingredients to the spray bottle and shake well. (Also remember to shake well before each application.)