09 Sep Honey Citrus Immune Spritzer
By: Allyson Meyler of Reclaiming Yesterday
Fall brings cooler temperatures, crisp air, and pumpkin flavored everything. Who wouldn’t want to be outside? This change in season also marks the beginning of another season – “immune season”. And the together time that fall and the upcoming holidays bring can be an added challenge for our immune systems.
So before the leaves begin to fall, it’s especially important to focus on immune health. Diet and lifestyle choices can go a long way to supporting a healthy immune system, but herbs are also a great (and convenient) way to boost those efforts!
I keep a cabinet full of herbal extracts for quick action when immune season hits, or when I feel my body needs a little extra TLC. This Honey Citrus Immune Spritzer packs a powerful punch of antioxidants and herbs designed by mother nature to support a healthy immune system*:
- Vitamin C, thanks to the citrus fruit.
- Warming and detoxification, from the ginger.
- Echinacea, Astragalus Root, Reishi Mushroom, Schisandra Berry, Prickly Ash Bark, from Herb Pharm’s Daily Immune Builder™ (formerly Immune Defense)
- Local Honey, good for soothing the throat and recognized as a great way to support seasonal allergies
Honey Citrus Immune Spritzer
– 1/2 of a large grapefruit
– 1/2 of a lime
– 1 lemon
– 1 orange
– 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
– 1 teaspoon honey
– 1/2 can La Croix Coconut Sparkling Water (or sparkling water of choice)
– 1 dropper-full Herb Pharm Daily Immune Builder™ (formerly Immune Defense)
– Citrus slices to garnish (optional)
1. Juice the citrus into a bowl.
2. Add grated ginger, honey and Immune Defense and stir to combine.
3. Fill a cup with ice and pour juice mixture over, then top with sparkling water. Stir with a straw (gently) and garnish with additional citrus slices.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Allyson Meyler cooks, photographs, and eats the recipes found on her blog Reclaiming Yesterday. After struggling with her own health issues—and becoming frustrated with the Western medical system—Allyson took it upon herself to search for healing. She found relief through diet and lifestyle changes, and became a strong believer in food as medicine. She now shares her recipes and experiences through her blog in hopes to inspire others to get into the kitchen and take control of their health—and to eat some delicious food along the way! Follow along on Instagram and Facebook.